Wiccan Magic Cake Recipe
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups milk, lukewarm
- powdered sugar for dusting cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease an 8 x 8-inch baking dish.
- Separate the eggs and beat the egg whites until stiff. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer or whisk, beat the egg yolks with the sugar until light. Add the butter and vanilla extract and continue beating for another minute or two. Add the flour and mix it in until it is fully incorporated.
- Slowly add the milk and beat until everything is well mixed together.
- Add the egg whites, a third at a time, gently folding them in using a spatula. Or you can add a third of the egg whites to the cake batter and gently whisk them in, then reverse the process and add a bit of the cake mixture to the egg whites and gently whisk in; repeat until all cake batter has been whisked in. (You may have to break up some clumps of egg white with the back of the spatula. Just be sure to do this gently, so you don’t completely deflate the egg whites.)
- Pour the batter into the baking dish and bake for 40 to 60 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and the center is not jiggly. The baking time could vary depending on the oven, so take a peek at around 40 minutes and see how it looks; continue baking, if necessary, in 5-minute increments.
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar on the top after the cake has cooled.
More Wiccan recipes coming soon!